Who We Are
The American Relief Coalition for Syria (ARCS) is a secular, non-political coalition of Syrian diaspora led humanitarian organizations that provide multi-sector relief inside of Syria, as well as assistance and services to Syrian refugees in regional host countries and in the United States. Together the efforts of ARCS organizations help millions of Syrians, both those who remain in Syria and those displaced as refugees.
ARCS is dedicated to building a model network of diaspora organizations in the United States that will be an impetus for positive change, social welfare and development in their homeland. Guided by its values of humanitarianism, advocacy and collaboration, ARCS and its member organizations shall pursue this mission with compassion, transparency, and generosity.
The mission of ARCS is to be a voice for US-based Syrian diaspora organizations who are providing humanitarian and development services for Syrians worldwide, through advocacy and empowering local humanitarian actors. ARCS serves as an impetus for positive change, social welfare, and progress through serving as a platform for coordination and organizational development.
Board of Directors (ARCS Executive Committee)
- Husni Al-Barazi - ARCS Chairperson
- M. Yaser Tabbara - ARCS Vice Chairperson
- Jomana Qaddour - ARCS Secretary
- Amjad Rass - ARCS Treasurer
- Darren Fenwick - ARCS Executive Committee Member
- Zaher Sahloul - ARCS Executive Committee Member
- Muhammad Ramdan AlMouatem - ARCS Executive Committee Member
- Hazem Rihawi, Senior Programs Manager