Introduction to ARCS
- Create an effective coalition to improve coordination, reach, and impact of member organizations.
- Provide effective delivery of aid and prevent gaps and overlapping.
- Ensure that food, NFIs, health, and WASH needs are delivered inside of besieged areas.
- Advocate to all levels of government, including the White House, Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, UN Security Council, UN agencies, and Congress for robust and comprehensive humanitarian policies for Syria.
- Produce updates from the field on the needs and challenges of civilians and humanitarians inside of Syria.
- Coordinate with other coalitions, including regional Syrian NGO coalitions.
- Collaborate with Oxfam America and other international organizations on advocacy and messaging efforts.
- Provide tools and resources to our members to strengthen their abilities and impact.
- Utilize technology to provide best practices, new information, and enhance learning for member organizations.
- Create materials to develop member organizations’ ability to engage with other INGOs and local communities as well as to improve funding opportunities and inter-organizational coordination.
- Assist member organizations in research and writing grants to improve their programs and initiatives.
- Provide trainings to its members on topics such as organizational capacity building, grant writing, financial best practices, organizational capacity, social media and communications, advocacy, and more.