Open Positions at ARCS
To apply, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to info(at)arcsyria.org.
Part-time Administrative Assistant (Washington, DC)
General Office Support:
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Other duties as required.
Finance and Legal:
- Reconcile monthly and organize QuickBooks.
- Keep track of donations and online giving.
- Draft monthly financial reports.
- Work with Accountant to ensure that ARCS is compliant with the best legal and financial practices.
- File taxes and assist CPA in preparing annual 990
Representing the Coalition:
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Draft and send ‘Thank You’ letters to donors regularly.
- Act as the first point of contact for donors and the public.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests through email and social media channels, when necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Coalition Member Liaison:
- Organize and schedule monthly Executive Committee calls and All Members calls.
- Follow-up with member organizations to ensure consistent flow of information between ARCS and its members.
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
- Maintain regular contact with member organizations to ensure common messaging and opportunities for collaboration.
- Update content on ARCS internal portal for member organizations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in related fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills; ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent knowledge and ability with Microsoft Office and e-mail marketing platforms.
- Arabic language skills preferred.
- A dedication to humanitarian principles and a strong motivation for service.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse groups and effectively interact with team members and other stakeholders; to be adaptable and flexible.
- Creative and resourceful; entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a collaborative, productive manner with diverse constituencies.
- Professional discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Previous work and relationships with the Syrian diaspora community preferred.
- A strong background knowledge of the Syria conflict and humanitarian crisis preferred.
Don't forget to check out members' websites for volunteer opportunities!
To apply, all candidates must send their resume and a cover letter to our HR email at firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
To apply, candidates should fill out the linked form on Karam's website and send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Syrian American Engineers Association
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.